I was working from 2009 to 2015 as a PhD student then as a permanent research fellow at Irstea, UMR TETIS, Montpellier, France. My research was focused on uncertainty and sensitivity analysis for geo-information and GIS-based environmental models.
You can download list of publications here. You can also find my publications on:
- uncertainty quantification and numerical models exploration in environmental and GIS sciences : uncertainty propagation with Monte Carlo methods, Design of Experiments, statistical methods for sensitivity analysis (Morris, Sobol'...)
- spatial statistics and geostatistics for uncertainty simulation in geo-data
- thematic fields: spatially distributed modelling of natural hazards (flood)
A publication list is available here.
I was involved in two different projects:
QUASIUS (2013-2014): Quality and Uncertainty Assessment for Spatial Indicators of Urban Sprawl
Fig: Main steps of computation of urban sprawl indicators from remote sensing data - source: M. Balestrat (2011)
ACBDE-AS (2009-2013): uncertainty and sensitivity analysis for the cost-benefit analysis of flood mitigation plans along the Rhône River. Project funded by the Plan Rhône, a water management body along the Rhône River | info.
Fig: Uncertainty analysis of the NOE model: map of Expected Annual flood Damages with maximum values (a) and minimum values (b) over N = 28 672 model runs - source: N. Saint-Geours (2013)
- assessing the influence of input map uncertainties through geostatistical simulation
- studying the impact of change of spatial scale on variance-based sensitivity indices
- exploring model uncertainty in a GIS environment
- case studies on the Orb river (South-East France) and the Rhône river
I defended my Ph.D. thesis on November, 29th, 2012. The jury was composed of:
- M. Christian LAVERGNE Professor, Montpellier III University (Research adviser) [home page]
- M. Hervé MONOD Research director, INRA (Rapporteur)
- M. Jeroen AERTS Professor, IVM, Netherlands (Rapporteur)>
- M. Stefano TARANTOLA Chercheur, EC - Joint Research Center (Italie) Examinateur
- Mme. Bénédicte BUCHER Directrice de recherche, IGN Examinatrice
- M. André MAS Professeur, Université Montpellier II Examinateur
- M. Jean-Stéphane BAILLY Enseignant-chercheur, AgroParisTech (research co-adviser)
- M. Frédéric GRELOT Chercheur, Irstea (research co-adviser)
Here is an overview of the people I have been involved with in my research activities so far.
Stefano Tarantola & Andrea Saltelli
Joint Research Center, Ispra (ITALY) | info
I went for a 6 weeks visit at the JRC in 2011 to work on variance-based sensitivity analysis for spatial support decision systems.
Members of the GDR MASCOT-NUM research group | more info
Since 2009, I have been attending various meetings and workshops organized by this research group, which is focused on design, modelling and analysis of computer experiments
MEXICO network | more info
This network fosters the use of statistical methods to explore numerical models in biology and environmental sciences. It gathers scientists from various French applied research institutes : INRA, IFREMER, CIRAD, Irstea... They organize each year a spring school on sensitivity analysis for environmental models (this year I gave a lecture on sensitivity analysis for spatially distributed models | pdf).
Christian Lavergne | homepage
Professor at Montpellier III University
Christian was my Ph.D. research advisor.
Jean-Stéphane Bailly | home
Senior lecturer and scientist in physical geography, AgroParisTech, Montpellier
Jean-Stéphane was my Ph.D. research co-advisor.
Researcher at Irstea, UMR GEAU, Montpellier
Frédéric was my Ph.D. research co-advisor.
Linda Lilburne | home page Landcare Research, Christchurch (NZ) [info]
I went to Landcare Research in 2009 for my Master thesis on sensitivity analysis of the AquiferSim groundwater model. | master thesis manuscript